We need team-oriented professionals to help us support members and be the example for the medical cannabis community. We support our staff by offering full health benefits including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, flex-spending, life, and paid sick leave. Be part of a team who supports you, take part in shaping the movement and have fun doing it! Work in medical cannabis!
New to the medical cannabis community? Want a job in medical cannabis but not just any job? Looking for a professional organization who prides itself in helping the community and building and working with a great team? Apply for an open position and learn how we do things differently!
To apply, please follow the instructions below. Failure to follow these instructions will result in your application not being considered. Thank you for understanding that while we strive to reply to all applicants, we may only be in touch with you if are a match for one of our open positions.
– Read the job descriptions below.
– Prepare an up-to-date resume and a cover letter that speaks to SPARC’s needs and the specific position that you are applying for.
– Send both to the email address listed in the description with the job title in the subject line no later than the date mentioned in the description.
Positions now open at SPARC:
• Read the job description.
• Prepare an up-to-date resume and a cover letter that speaks to SPARC’s needs and this specific position.
• Send both to email@example.com with “Member Consultant” in the subject line.
Non-exempt: Non-Exempt (Full-time)
COMPENSATION: Hourly + full medical, dental, long-term disability and life benefits, and paid sick time accrual.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to Dispensary Manager, with additional supervision and direction from Premise Managers and Leads.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for ensuring each member receives outstanding service by providing a positive and friendly environment. Assist members with their personal needs, maintain solid product knowledge, facilitate new membership and member renewal processes and always provide the highest level of customer service. Understand and embrace the mission of SPARC, affiliate organization(s), and their role in the industry and local and greater communities.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Provide exceptional customer service in accordance with established standards.
2. Develop and maintain rapport with our members, vendors, service providers and staff.
3. Ensure members’ concerns and/or questions are solved and answered promptly and efficiently, and communicate member requests and/or problems to a manager when needed.
4. Recommend, select and help locate the proper medicine for members depending on their individual needs.
5. Communicate the effects of different types of cannabis to members clearly and effectively.
6. Ring up sales on Point of Sale System and process cash and credit card transactions.
7. Ensure strict controls to protect organization assets at the direction of management.
8. Set up and break down display cases daily. Assist in display maintenance and housekeeping.
9. Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise and monitoring floor stock, and participate in inventory counts.
10. Facilitate the new membership and member renewal processes.
11. Perform data entry and manage the member database.
12. Facilitate the verification process with doctors’ offices for new and renewing members.
13. Answer phone calls and forward to the appropriate staff member.
14. Book appointments for members for services they request.
15. Maintain a current stock of Member Handbooks, Intake Forms, and promotional items, such as lighters, stickers and newsletters.
16. Frequently maintain dispensary’s cleanliness, i.e. dusting, glass cleaning, vacuuming, sweeping and sanitization.
17. Maintain a positive work environment conducive to trust and respect.
18. Maintain strictest confidentiality in compliance with HIPAA guidelines.
19. Perform other related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Available to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, holidays, and/or events.
2. Ability to adhere to the highest customer service standards at all times.
3. Ability to communicate clearly, honestly and effectively with members and staff in all situations.
4. Personal knowledge of medicinal effects of cannabis to self and others.
5. Ability to perceive and meet the needs of members and staff without direction.
6. Strong problem solving, customer service and interpersonal skills.
7. Ability to dispense medicine accurately and efficiently.
8. Strong math skills for Point of Sale (POS) system and cash handling.
9. Ability to maintain high standards in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment.
10. Must possess a high degree of personal ownership and accountability.
11. Knowledgeable on cannabis strains, genetics, cultivation and medicinal effects.
12. Must have high level of organization, patience and flexibility.
13. Strong commitment to member service.
14. Ability to adapt to a changing industry and growing organization.
15. Maintain a current medical cannabis physician recommendation and/or a CA Medical Cannabis Identification Card issued by the DHS at all times.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Retail, cash handling and Point of Sales (POS) experience required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Experience in medical cannabis industry highly desirable, but not required. Must be 21 years old by 1/1/2018 and pass criminal background check.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Work may require prolonged sitting/standing, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a cash register, credit card machine, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing. Requires close vision with the ability to see color and adjust focus. Requires lifting up to 50 pounds occasionally.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in a busy medical cannabis dispensary. The dispensary area is very loud due to fans and filtration systems, fluctuating between extreme cold and hot temperatures. Involves frequent contact with staff and the public. Work may be stressful at times and may include dealing with difficult members and/or law enforcement. Available to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, holidays, and/or events.