We need team-oriented professionals to help us support members and be the example for the medical cannabis community. We support our staff by offering full health benefits including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, flex-spending, life, and paid sick leave. Be part of a team who supports you, take part in shaping the movement and have fun doing it! Work in medical cannabis!
New to the medical cannabis community? Want a job in medical cannabis but not just any job? Looking for a professional organization who prides itself in helping the community and building and working with a great team? Apply for an open position and learn how we do things differently!
Equal Opportunity and Equity Statement
The BPN-RPC and SPARC companies provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We comply with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. We value diversity and promote a culture of inclusivity and respect for all people.
BPN-RPC Staffing, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pursuant to Article 16, in conjunction with the San Francisco Office of Cannabis and other agencies, and in alignment with our commitment to workplace equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts SPARC will, within the constraints of local, state and federal laws, give priority consideration to applicants for employment that meet at least three of the following criteria:
At the time of application, is a member of a household that earns no more than 80% of the San Francisco Area Median Income, adjusted for household size;
During the period 1971-2016, was arrested for, convicted of, or adjudged to be a ward of the juvenile court for any crime under the laws of California or any other jurisdiction relating to the sale, possession, use, manufacture, or cultivation of Cannabis;
Since 1995, experienced housing insecurity in San Francisco, as evidenced by eviction, foreclosure, or revocation of housing subsidy;
Has a parent, sibling, or child who, during the period 1971-2016, was arrested for, convicted of, or adjudged to be a ward of the juvenile court for any crime under the laws of California or any other jurisdiction relating to the sale, possession, use, manufacture, or cultivation of Cannabis;
Attended a school under the jurisdiction of the San Francisco Unified School District for five years, either consecutively or in total, during the period 1971-2016; or
During the period 1971-2016, lived for at least five years, either consecutively or in total, in San Francisco census tracts where at least 17% of the households had incomes at or below the federal poverty level, as determined by the Director.
To apply, please follow the instructions below. Failure to follow these instructions will result in your application not being considered. Thank you for understanding that while we strive to reply to all applicants, we may only be in touch with you if are a match for one of our open positions.
– Read the job descriptions below.
– Prepare an up-to-date resume and a cover letter that speaks to SPARC’s needs and the specific position that you are applying for.
– Send both to the email address listed in the description with the job title in the subject line no later than the date mentioned in the description.
Positions now open at SPARC:
Member Consultant (Sonoma County Only)
We are currently seeking passionate, outgoing, dynamic individuals to join our busy Sebastopol and Santa Rosa dispensaries as Member Consultants (Also known as “Bud Tenders”).
Join the team at the North Bay’s Best Cannabis Dispensary for the Seventh Year in a Row!
We are looking for BOTH full-time and part-time Super Stars.
This is a fast paced, member focused, heavy customer service-oriented position. Applicants must be at least 21 years of age, pass a criminal background check and have a current medical cannabis recommendation or are willing to obtain one.
You will work in a fun environment in a company that promotes inclusivity, values diversity, with fellow industry-focused and passionate team members.
We offer amazing benefits and perks to all of our employees
Full-Time Team Members can expect:
-90% employer paid medical insurance for employee.
-Dental and Vision insurance options.
-Vacation, Holidays, Birthday and Anniversary pay.
-30% discount on all dispensary purchases
-Pooled Member Tips paid weekly
-On-site vaporizing stations in employee break areas
-Vendor presentations and on-going industry and product training
-Review the complete job description below
-Send a resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
-SUBJECT “I Am Awesome ”
-Deadline for submissions is March 16, 2018
-Please No Calls or Drop-ins
JOB TITLE: Member Consultant
STATUS: Hourly, Non-Exempt
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Member Consultant (MC) is responsible to ensure each customer receives outstanding service by providing a positive and friendly environment. Which includes, greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining solid product knowledge and maintaining a high level of customer service.
Understand and embrace the mission of SPARC and its role in the community.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to Dispensary Manager.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Work may require prolonged sitting/standing, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a cash register, credit card machine, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing. Requires close vision with the ability to see color and adjust focus. Requires lifting up to 50 pounds occasionally.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in a busy cannabis dispensary. Involves frequent contact with staff and the public. Work may be stressful at times and may include dealing with difficult members and/or law enforcement. Available to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, holidays, and/or city events.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Ensure strict controls to protect Dispensary assets at direction of Dispensary Manager and Assistant Dispensary Manager.
2. Ensure member concerns are solved efficiently and promptly.
3. Maintain a positive work environment conducive to trust and respect.
4. Give new members a tour of the dispensary.
5. Recommend, select, and help locate the proper medicine or members depending on their individual needs.
6. Communicate the effects of and different types of cannabis to members.
7. Set up and break down display cases daily.
8. Assist in display maintenance and housekeeping.
9. Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise and monitoring floor stock.
10. Communicate customer requests and/or problems to Dispensary Manager.
11. Participate in inventory counts weekly.
12. Ring up sales on Point of Sale System and handling cash and credit cards.
13. Frequently maintain cleanliness, dusting, Windex glass, vacuuming, sweeping, and sanitization of dispensary.
14. Maintains strictest confidentiality in compliance with HIPPA guidelines.
15. Perform other related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Ability to dispense medications accurately and efficiently.
2. Knowledge of medicinal effects to self and/or others.
3. Ability to communicate with other associates and customers in all situations.
4. Ability to adhere to the highest customer service with staff and the public at all times.
5. Ability to perceive and meet the needs of the staff and members without direction.
6. Ability to maintain high standards in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment.
7. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all situations.
8. Knowledgeable on strains, genetics, growing and effects of cannabis and medication.
9. Ability to use math skills for Point of Service System and cash register.
10. Needs to have high level of organization, patience, and flexibility.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Retail, cash handling and Point of Sales (POS) experience required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Experience in medical cannabis industry highly desirable, but not required.
The SPARC family of companies provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or even whether or not you like chocolate. We comply with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. We value diversity and promote a culture of inclusivity and respect for all people.